Forest Canopy Shawl

Forest Canopy Shawl in Rowan Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply, Blessed
Pattern: Forest Canopy Shawl by Susan Pierce Lawrence
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply, Shade Blessed
Amount used: 5 x 25g balls (110m/120 yards per ball) with a tiny bit left over
Needles: Addi Bamboo Circulars, size 5mm, length 80 cm
Notions: 1 stitch marker, lifeline (essential!), row counter
Modifications: I knitted 5 extra body pattern repeats to a total of 275 stitches. This increased the size to approximately 66 inches wide and 28 inches deep.
I loved knitting this and think the tweed yarn worked really well, although it is difficult to fully capture it here. There are more pictures on my blog. A great pattern, especially for beginners.

3 Comments:
Your shawl is beautiful in the Yorkshire Tweed! I am heading over to your blog for more pictures....
That is beautiful! I didn't know you could knit something like that in tweed.
Your Forest Canopy looks gorgeous! I like it with the extra pattern repeats and the tweed looks lovely.
Post a Comment
<< Home