Can It be? It Can Be, and It Is! A Finished Tweedy Thing!

Finished: Salina Sweater by Kim Hargreaves
Pattern: Rowan Vintage Knits
Fiber: Rowan Felted Tweed (7 balls of 159 "Carbon")
Size: 38''/97 cm
Needles: sizes 3 and 5 Addi Turbo circs
Date Started: 7 September 2006
Date Completed: 12 November 2006
Modifications: None
Notes: I came very, very, VERY close to running out of yarn during this knit. I got down to knitting the cuffs and collar, and, having finished the two cuffs, I ran out of yarn when going back to finish the collar. I had to unravel my swatch (which was good sized, approx. 8x8" square), so I managed to squeak by with enough yarn to finish the collar and seam the sweater together. I would like to note, however, that I knit the size large, which called for 7 balls of yarn, and the x-large also calls for 7 balls, and I'm willing to bet that anyone knitting an x-large is *very* likely to need 8 balls, instead of 7.
Finally, I've finished something! And I couldn't be happier with my Salina!
For more details, visit my blog here.
I've got more surpirses up my sleeve (my tweedy Salina sleeve, in fact!)...a new project that just might involve some Silky Tweed...stay tuned!

3 Comments:
Wow, that is gorgeous!I love the pattern and the colour!!
That is a beautiful sweater! Amazing that you had just enough yarn to finish too!
Very nice! I love the color you picked. Glad you had enough yarn to finishe it.
Post a Comment
<< Home