November 03, 2006

Waistcoat finished


Pattern: Interweave Knits Spring 2005, Flowered Waistcoat - with modifications.
Yarn: Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran in Wild Plum
Modifications: The obvious one is that I chose not to do the intarsia. The fabric itself has rectangles of reverse stockinet so I let this texture provide the visual interest and I think it shows off the tweed.
Photo shoot assistant: Pansy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great finished tweed! Good job on the knitting - it didn't need the intarsia.

6:54 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

looks fantastic!
Hello Pansy :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

It's lovely just as it is. I've always had a particular weakness for purple.

I bought a second ball of "Whiskey" yesterday in SomethingorotherRaspberry, which is really a soft plummy lilac. I saw a pair of father/son socks recently [Interweave Knits Fall???] knitted up in Whiskey, that I think I'll modify to fit my own feet.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home