Skye Tweed Vest

Hello, I've been lurking for awhile. I'm Lisa from Houston, and this KAL fit perfectly with my goal of knitting a vest for my dad's Christmas present.
I'm knitting the Skye Tweed Vest from Interweave Knits Spring 2005 issue. It's a cabled vest, and I'm using the yarn called for in the pattern--Classic Elite Skye Tweed. I was so lucky: Webs had a sale, and it was marked down to $3.95 per skein. Although I need lots of lotion while knitting with this yarn, I really like it.
I've knitted a few more inches since I took this picture. The cables are much easier than I expected.
Glad to read about everyone's project!

3 Comments:
I made the Skye Tweed Vest for my dad last year. It's a great pattern. He wears it all the time. I wasn't as lucky as you. I didn't find the yarn on sale, so I went with the cheaper Patons Classic Wool. Maybe I should visit Webs and make him another in Skye Tweed for Christmas. Enjoy.
ohhh I'm gonna have to check out webs now. Can't wait to see more of your pattern.
I was so lucky! I searched for it online because I wasn't sure what the price was. I bookmarked the Webs site for future reference, and it was on sale a few weeks later.
Kristen, I'm really glad to hear it's a good pattern.
Post a Comment
<< Home