October 01, 2006

Tweed-le-de-dee!

With apologies to both Scarlett O'Hara and Tweedledum.



Not sure what this wants to be when it grows up, but into the stash it goes! Call me stubborn and a hold-out, but this is the first time I've been tempted to buy anything Rowan. It just never appealed to me before. But this, oh my! Soft as a baby's tush, and the perfect color to go with my new lace-embellished floral vintagey-looking T-shirt from WallyWorld.

I'm thinking socks, I'm thinking subversive, and I'm thinking I'll be having loads of fun researching a pattern online and probably coming up with my own...

And I just proved a wild-eyed hunch correct: that if I go into the "edit HTML" mode on my primary blog and copy the code, it will transport nicely to *this* venue. ^5's all around!

3 Comments:

Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Nice yarn. Is that the *phantom* colorway? I want to knit something with it if it is. Hope you knit something from it soon! :o)

7:15 PM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhh yummy Rowan! Get that on the needles girl!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Running off to look at the ball band... It *says* that it's #143, "Cocoa", which if true is not the milky shade I see on their website.

It's a medium-dark taupe, darker than "Treacle" shows up on my monitor, almost as dark as what I see when I look at "Carbon". Not a warm brown but a greyed brown. Yes, when I enlarge the thumbnail for "Phantom" it's a pretty fair match.

It's on the needles, and it's pure joy to knit. Soft without being wimpy, tweedy without being harsh. Very lush, flowing through my hands.

I think I will be sad when these socks are done. I also think that more socks, in different colorways, would be in order...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home