September 26, 2006

Tweed is my middle name. And Rowanese is my lingua franca.

Hello all!
I'm megan (aka The Knitting Philistine) and it seems that I've been having my own private *Tweeding Along* over at my blog... little did I realize that some gals had begun a KAL suited perfectly to my obsessive tweed-lust! At the beginning of the month, I announced my upcoming projects, The Fall Line-Up. As you can see, I'll fit right in here!

At the moment, I am busy simultaneously knitting two sweaters from the Rowan Vintage Knits (also republished as Rowan Vintage Style) book, both Kim Hargreaves patterns, and both, most importantly, with Rowan TWEED. They are:

Salina. I'm knitting'er with Rowan felted tweed in the *Carbon* colorway.
I've recently completed one of the sleeves:

and I've since cast on for the back panel, which is progressing nicely from modest beginnings:

to a nearly complete back panel.

Detail of the seed stitch ribbing of the back panel.


Joy. I'm knitting'er with Rowan Yorkshire tweed in the *Bristle* colorway. I've cast on the left front panel and have been making slow but steady progress:

Detail of the seed stitch bottom panel of Joy.

The left front panel of Joy, further along.

Detail of the seed stitch button placket of Joy.


You would think that'd be more than enough to sustain my tweedy compulsion, but oh, no, 'fraid not. I am devising other projects involving *more* tweed. Like...

The Central Park Hoodie from Knitscene Fall 2006. I plan to knit it with Rowan Yorkshire aran tweed in the *Darkside* colorway. In fact, I've cast on the back panel and have knit a few starter rows of the ribbing, just to get a good glimpse of the tweed:

Detail of the color of the tweed. It's so nice.


And... last but not least, my tweedy socks. The Lace Knee-Highs from IK Winter 2004, using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed 4 ply in Sheer, which looks like this:

It's a nice, subtle tweed.

Looking very much forward to everyone's projects and participating in this KAL! (It's my first KAL, too!)

4 Comments:

Blogger knittingphilistine said...

lolly,
thanks for the advice on the knee highs! I've told myself that I am not starting those until Salina and Joy are finished, but I don't know that that will actually happen. I *do* want them to be knee-highs, so I'll have to do some calculating!

Can't wait to see your knits!

7:22 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

definately sounds like your going to fit in here nicely with all that tweed :)
Your sweaters are coming along nicely, can't wait to see the progress you make!

7:46 AM  
Blogger C+SK said...

OH my god, you are my hero!! All that Rowan goodness!!!!! OHHHHHHHH!

8:32 AM  
Blogger lexa said...

Love your sweaters! I especially love that hoodie -- can't wait to see yours when it's completed!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home