Tweeding along, alright.
I've made some good progress on the Central Park Hoodie. I decided to give myself a little break from the small stitches of the Salina and Joy, and wow, turns out that the aran tweed knits up in no time at all! I worked on the Hoodie for just a few hours, and I've already knit up the ribbing (not quite as much as the pattern called for... decided 4" of ribbing was a bit much) and three pattern repeats. I'm kicking myself now for not modifying the pattern and knitting the body in the round, but I've decided I am too far along now to start over... and, well, a little seaming never killed anyone. I'm happy with the turnout so far on this sweater, though the pattern is mind-numbingly easy, despite the cables. I love the Yorkshire aran tweed, and it feels as though it is going to make for a great wintery sweater!

Detail of the cable work:

Detail of the cable work:

3 Comments:
Beautiful. and I like how the ribbing goes into the cables.
That is some seriously yummy yarn you have there.
I will not covet my neighbor's yarn. I will not covet my neighbor's yarn. I will not covet my neighbor's yarn...
Oh BTW, your knitting is equally lovely. Lest you think I hadn't noticed. I noticed. :)
Wow, I love that yarn! Can wait to see more as it grows!
Post a Comment
<< Home