My Blue Tweed Cardi is done!
Unfortunately, I missed the worst of winter, I think! I suppose I'll have to wear it as a spring jacket, then.
Pattern: my own design. Yarn: Kilcarra of Donegal Irish Tweed and Noro Silk Garden color 201. I love the Kilcarra Tweed, it knits up easily and shows texture very nicely. I plan on having some in my stash at all times, to fill the need for tweed when it arises. It also softens up nicely with a washing or two. While trying to decide on whether my next sweater project would be a tweed or a non-tweed, I whipped up a hat out of some of the leftovers.
Pattern: Ragna Cap from Viking Patterns for Knitting by Elsebeth Lavold. This hat was very easy, and it took less than a week to complete. Details are on my blog. Thanks to the hostesses for coming up with a great KAL, it was very inspirational to see all of the tweed yarns my fellow contributors were using, as well their completed projects.
Cheers,
Susan
Pattern: my own design. Yarn: Kilcarra of Donegal Irish Tweed and Noro Silk Garden color 201. I love the Kilcarra Tweed, it knits up easily and shows texture very nicely. I plan on having some in my stash at all times, to fill the need for tweed when it arises. It also softens up nicely with a washing or two. While trying to decide on whether my next sweater project would be a tweed or a non-tweed, I whipped up a hat out of some of the leftovers.
Pattern: Ragna Cap from Viking Patterns for Knitting by Elsebeth Lavold. This hat was very easy, and it took less than a week to complete. Details are on my blog. Thanks to the hostesses for coming up with a great KAL, it was very inspirational to see all of the tweed yarns my fellow contributors were using, as well their completed projects.Cheers,
Susan

2 Comments:
Wow!! Congratulations - that's a lovely cardigan!
Thanks for the kind comments!
Susan
Post a Comment
<< Home